After the modification works is the painting part. Not much has been documented on the painting part though.
I applied 4 to 5 coats of primer on all the parts and then proceeded to painting the rest of the kit.
Below is the fully assembled and painted modded Devil Gundam. It turned out pretty nice! I went for the original look as I prefer my kits to look more like the ones I see on the anime show.
Below is a side by side size comparison with its contemporary 1/144 God Gundam. I plan to give the God Gundam the mod treatment sometime in the future as well.
As you may have noticed, I have installed a clear green lens on the chest of the Devil Gundam. I did that so it’ll match up if it were put on display with my newer HGUC kits.
Below are more pics of the Devil Gundam in its crouching pose.