It’s that time of the year again for another Gundam contest. Though it has been announced on Gundam PH’s facebook page a while back, I just had to put this sort of stuff on my blog about Gundams.
Contest will be held at the 4th Floor Annex Event Area SM City North Edsa on May 10 – 18.
The contest Mechanics is as follows:
- The contest is open to all Gundam enthusiasts except employees of Bankee Trading Inc., International Toyworld Inc. and its advertising agency including their relatives up to the second degree of affinity or consanguinity.
- The contest has six (6) categories and will be classified accordingly:
- Open Category – 22 years old and above. Born on or before December 31, 1992. Open to all, including the previous winners (3x or more) of the top prizes in the past Gundam Model Contests (Nationals, BAKAC, BAKUC, GBWC). Interested participants may assemble and paint any scale of Gundam model kit from any Gundam Series.
- Youth Category – 15 to 21 years old. Born between December 31, 1999 and January 1, 1993. Interested participants may assemble and paint any scale of Gundam model kit from any Gundam Series.
- Junior Category – 8 to 14 years old. Born between December 31, 2006 and January 1, 2000. Including the previous winners (3x or more) of the top prizes in the past major Gundam Model Contests (Nationals, BAKAC, BAKUC, GBWC) Interested participants may assemble and paint any scale of Gundam model kit from any Gundam series
- New Challenger Open Category – 22 years old and above. Born on or before December 31, 1992. Never been joining in any major Bandai Gundam contest. Interested participants may assemble and paint any scale of Gundam model kit from any Gundam series.
- New Challenger Youth Category – 15 to 21 years old. Born between December 31, 1999 and January 1, 1993. Interested participants may assemble and paint any scale of Gundam model kit from any Gundam Series.
- New Challenger Junior category – 8 to 14 years old. Born between December 31, 2006 and January 1, 2000. Never been joining in any major Bandai Gundam contest Interested participants may assemble and paint any scale of Gundam model kit from any Gundam series.
Note: OUT OF THE BOX BUILD (applying modeling basics)
- All entries must be assembled according to the manual. If the manual shows variant versions using parts from the box set, then only those specific variants are allowed.
- Using of stand is not allowed but if the Stand is included in the box set it can be used, but will not be part of the scoring.
- Puttying, sanding and the use of paint are allowed. Model part detail lines erased by puttying and sanding can be re-lined, but extra lines not in the original part cannot be added.
- Use of BANDAI Decals & any color schemes and patterns are allowed.
- Participants must be Filipino citizens residing in the Philippines.
- Participant is only allowed to join in one (1) category with maximum of three (3) entries.
- Participants should submit their ACTUAL ENTRY for exhibit on May 10 (Saturday) & 11 (Sunday), 2014 (11am to 8pm) at the
- 4th Floor Annex Event Area SM City North Edsa.
- Participants are required to present original Gundam kit boxes with original instruction manual and receipt of Gundam model kit from Toykingdom and/or Toykingdom Express stores nationwide for authentication purposes.
- All entries used or submitted in any local or international competition are not eligible. Upon submission of entry, applicants are required to fill up an entry form and sign a certification form that the entry was made by the applicant himself/herself. Participants shall be provided a copy of entry form to be presented during the judging and claiming of entries.
- We prohibit the entry of a works which encroaches or may encroach upon any third party’s portrait rights, intellectual property rights such as copyright and any other rights. The participant will be fully responsible for its settlement as well as any cost which may occur in case of any disputes resulting from the submitted models. The participant is also responsible for compensations for any damages for BANDAI and or the third parties
- Entry form (flyer) is available at:
Toykingdom and Toykingdom Express Branches
Gundam Philippines (Games/Toys) Facebook page (www.facebook.com/GundamPhilippines)
Ban Kee Trading Inc. Facebook page
Ban Kee Trading Inc. website (www.bankee.com.ph)
- An assigned staff will be tasked to check each entry to ensure that each and every entry is complete and ready for display. Non-compliance to contest regulations will result to forfeiture of participation.
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges; judging will start at 3pm on May 17, 2014, Saturday at the 4th Floor Annex Event Area SM City North Edsa, in the presence of a DTI Representative. Announcement of winners and awarding ceremony will be held on May 18, 2014 at 4:30PM. All participants are encouraged to attend the judging and awarding ceremony, in which all entries can be claimed after the ceremony.
- Criteria for Judging:
Assembly skills 40%
=== = TOTAL 100%
- In claiming the winning or non-winning entries and/or prizes, participants should present a valid ID and a copy of entry form. In cases where the owner/maker of the entry is not available to claim his/her entries and/or prizes, an authorization letter, copy of entry form and a valid ID should be presented before the organizer shall release the entries and/or prizes and being claimed. If entries and/or prizes are not claimed after the announcement of winners, participants will be notified through registered mail. Unclaimed entries and/or prizes can be claimed at the Marketing Department of Bankee Trading Inc. Head Office #6 Rest Haven St. SFDM Quezon City; a valid ID and a copy of the entry form is a must to claim the entries and/ or prizes.
- Unclaimed prizes and/or winning or non-winning entries within (60) days from notification shall be forfeited in favor of Bankee Trading Inc. with prior approval from DTI.
- Prizes are transferable and not convertible to cash or in any other form.
- Grand prize winners from Open and Junior category should secure their own travel documents. Airport Terminal fee and other related expenses shall be shouldered by the winners. The trip is valid only during the 2014 SINGAPORE GUNPLA EXPO in September. Organizer will shoulder 1 round trip ticket and 3 days and 2 nights’ accommodation for Open Category winner and 2 round trip ticket and 3 days and 2 nights’ accommodation for Junior category winner.
I’m feeling anxious because I really intend to join this contest and level up a bit. I tried entering last year’s contest that featured a trip to Japan as a first prize. Sadly, my entry was invalid because they require “Official” receipts from their stores for your entries. When I told the staff that I bought my kits online he laughed at me and gave me a weird look. IT’S A LEGITIMATE BANDAI KIT, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!!
out of bitterness, I bought a GP-01 Zephyranthes RG kit and vowed to keep the receipt for future exploits. But these receipts are designed to fade whether you like it or not, so the kit has to be freshly bought. Anyway, I found the receipt for the kit I’m going to enter, although it has faded quite significantly, the contents are still legible. I just hope it will last till I submit my works.
This’ll be a very interesting experience for a newbie modeler like me. Hope to see some of you guys there on May!!