It’s been a while since I last posted a work in progress. A lot of stuff happened to me these past few months and I temporarily stopped from ‘Gundamming’ (that is working on my Gundam kits), thankfully my schedule got cleared up and I’m able to work with some of my kits once again. The last W.I.P. I updated was about the MG Freedom Gundam, since that kit is still being shipped to where I currently am I’ll put that one on hold and my other works. This time I’ll be updating my new conversion project, the H-Arms Custom MG conversion!
It’s clear that I’m a Heavyarms Gundam nut and it’s my most favorite Gundam of all time. After the Heavyarms, no other Gundam has packed so much firepower in its body like it did, though there is a Gundam in the latest Gundam Wing EW Novel that appeared to be a modified version of Heavyarms, I won’t be changing my preferences just yet.
Anyway, as you can remember I posted plans on working for the Igel armaments, but since RL stuff got in the way and lack of modeling materials, that project got side-tracked (for now). A few months back I saw some prick post his own version of the Igel in his youtube account, porking that he has seen many project plans for the Igel and yet nobody has finished it yet, and since that prick beat me to it, I’ll let him bask at the glory of building one ahead of me. But I assure you that the one I’ll be building will be way better than his!
Now, after the prick boasting his Igel work, I simply lost interest in working on the Igel armament for a while and I decided to get over it by working on another Heavyarms project. I’ve seen some modelers modify a Shenlong MG kit and converted it into the Nataku version, or an MG Sandrock kit recolored to match the Sandrock Custom OVA color version. Many modelers claimed that Sandrock and Heavyarms were the easiest kits to convert, but I have yet to see somebody post their H-arms Custom MG mod version. Though there are a few images that appeared on the internet (like the image below) where the Heavyarms MG kit was simply recolored to match the H-Arms Custom color scheme, but the armaments are the same as the now labeled EW version.
It looks cool, but it’s not the true H-Arms Custom look that I’m looking for. The true H-Arms Custom would have the 2 double Gatling guns and four more smaller caliber chest mounted Gatling guns on it.
I may be fickle about the details, but that is how I feel it should be. To start with this project I’ll need to bash 2 kits, 1 Heavyarms MG kit and the H-Arms Custom 1/100 kit.
According to the info I have gathered about the then ‘so called’ H-Arms Ver. Ka (the now Heavyarms EW) it was supposed to be the downgraded version of the H-Arms Custom, with a single Gatling gun and it only has 2 chest mounted Gatling guns on it. As the Heavyarms was converted to the H-Arms custom, only subtle upgrades were done, they simply added more guns on it and changed the color scheme.
These same changes are noticeable to all the other Gundam Team units. With this info in mind I started working on the H-Arms Custom MG conversion project.
First thing I did was, I modified the original Double Gatling handles to accommodate the new MG hands, I also added the pits in the handles so that they will stay put once they are fixed on the hands. I also made it so that the handles can be folded for easy installation of the hands.
After the handles were modified, I also modified the extensions on the backpack so that the double Gatlings can be installed at the back as well.
Now that’s done, I can ogle at the current finished stage.
The next mod work will be on the chest mounted guns. I’ll update on that next time, till then!